You don’t need an hour to feel the burn
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Download the free GoodLife Fitness mobile app today!
Everybody knows that abs are an essential part of every well-rounded fitness routine. Having a strong core will help you in your everyday life, even performing the simplest tasks can become effortless with a strong core.
Although abs are made in the kitchen, you still need to strengthen them in the gym. Try this 10-minute ab circuit you can complete every day for a shredded mid-section.
3 rounds: Complete each exercise for 30 seconds and move directly into the next exercise with no rest in between. Rest for 1 minute between each round.
TABATA PLANKS – 20 SECOND PLANK, 10 SECOND BREAK – 8 ROUNDS (4MIN TOTAL)
- Begin with your forearms placed directly under your shoulders
- Position your feet hip-distance apart, push your toes into the floor and squeeze your glutes to help stabilize your body
- Keep your neck, head and spine in a neutral position as you breathe deeply and hold the position
C-CRUNCH ABDOMINAL CURLS – 3 SETS OF 12-15 REPS
- Lay on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart
- Bend your elbows and bring your fingers to your temples keeping elbows wide
- Together lift your head, shoulders and both feet off the floor, bringing your chest and knees towards one another
- Pause at the top of this movement, then simultaneously, slowly lower your head, shoulders and feet to the floor for one rep
JACKKNIFE SIT-UPS – 3 SETS OF 10 REPS
- Lie flat on your back extending your arms straight back behind you and fully extend your legs
- Bend at your waist and at the same time, raise your legs and arms to meet in a closed jackknife position
- Return to the starting position by lowering your arms and legs back to the floor for one rep
RUSSIAN TWISTS – 3 SETS OF 10-15 REPS
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent towards your chest and your feet slightly lifted off the floor
- Clasp your hands together in front of your chest
- Rotate your arms and torso to one side and pause momentarily before returning to centre for one rep
- Be sure to keep your stomach pulled inward and the abdominals engaged throughout the duration of the movement
REVERSE CRUNCHES – 3 SETS OF 12-15 REPS
- Begin on your back, arms by your side and palms facing down to help maintain balance
- Bend your knees 90 degrees and lift your feet up so your thighs are perpendicular to the floor
- Press your palms into the floor as you crunch your knees into your chest
- Pause briefly at the top of this movement then lower your legs slowly, in a controlled manner, back to the ground without letting your back arch off the ground for one rep
Was this article helpful?
This content was originally published here.