Take advantage of the cooler weather
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Download the free GoodLife Fitness mobile app today!
Fall is officially here and many experts say that this is the best time to get your outdoor workouts in. The weather is still warm enough, and allergy season is behind us.
Try this sweaty HIIT workout you can do anytime and anywhere with minimal equipment.
SKATER HOPS – 3 SETS OF 8-10 REPS EACH LEG
- Start with your feet hip width apart
- Shift your weight on your right foot and your right knee bent
- Lift your left leg off the floor behind you
- Now bound to your left by pushing off with your right leg, landing on your left foot with your right leg lifted behind you.
- Repeat the same movement in the opposite direction with the opposite leg
BROAD JUMPS – 3 SETS OF 6-8 REPS
- Begin standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms bent 90 degrees
- Swing your arms back behind your back as you bend your knees and drop your hips backward
- Drive through your feet and swing your arms out in front of your body helping to propel yourself forward
- Land softly on both feet, turn your body around 180 degrees, drop your hips downward and jump back to the starting position for one rep
FRONT ELEVATED LUNGES – 3 SETS OF 10-12 REPS EACH LEG
- Begin standing a few feet in front of a step or low bench
- Step on to the step with your left foot keeping your right foot positioned on the ground behind you
- Bend your left knee, lowering your body toward the floor until both knees are bent at a 90-degree angle
- Squeeze your glutes as your press yourself back up to the starting position
- Perform all reps on one leg before moving on to the next leg
ELEVATED PUSHUPS – 3 SETS OF 8-12 REPS
- Begin in a push up position with your hands on an elevated surface like a bar or a box with your hands shoulder-width apart and your wrists stacked directly under your shoulders
- Engage your core, straighten your arms and push your chest upwards
- Bend your arms and release your chest back down to the starting position for one rep
SQUAT TO SPRINTS – 3 SETS OF 10 REPS
- Begin standing hip-width or a little wider to allow the focus to be on the glutes
- Generating your power from your heels, squat down as deep as comfortable without rounding your back
- Push into your heels as you return to standing position and sprint as hard as you can for 20-50 meters for one rep
LATERAL STEP-UPS – 3 SETS OF 10 REPS
- Find a box or bench that when you place your foot on it, your knee bends 90 degrees
- Place your entire right foot securely on the box or bench, press through your heel and step up on the box
- Bend the right knee and slowly and steadily return to the starting position for one rep
Was this article helpful?
This content was originally published here.